Subject: your order has been delivered
“Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for your recent Purchase with Lamphered LLC by Amazon.
Your account has been set for Auto debit from your saved billing on the account in next 24 hours.
The item will be shipped in 48 hours and you will receive a confirmation email once they are shipped.
You will receive another email with the Tracking Number.
If you want to cancel /modify your order, get in touch with us before it gets delivered @ 1$831#525$9399
Please find your order information below:
Order Number : BGV-HFT7738-NFGF
Order Date : July 24th 2021
Order Name : Forex Machine 56” Dual
Delivery Mode : Express Free
Amount : USD 5769.93
Paid via Amazon Credit : USD 1376 (Will be debited on the linked billing )
Balance to be paid on Shipping : USD 4392.93
Mode by : Your Checking Account
Payment Mode : Auto Debit
We hope you shop with us again soon.
Above we have the text of an email we recently received… note the subject line: Your order has been delivered.
There are many things wrong with this email, so here’s the quick list:
- TIming of the billing. Amazon bills when the order is shipped… not after its been delivered.
- The phone number is obfuscated… by placing $ and # in the phone number instead of spaces… and making the color white (in the original email) they are trying to hide the phone number from the spam filters.
- The product “Forex Machine 56″ Dual” doesn’t exist on the Amazon store. Check out the search for yourself.
- Price of the product set shockingly high to get people to pick up the phone and call in.
- Upon calling in, I was instructed that I would need to obtain an “Amazon Block” card… which should be available at wallmart or some other store close to me. They told me that my identity has been stolen.
- Operator wanted to stay on the phone with me while I got the card. This is a MAJOR RED FLAG.
We could to on and on, but we’ll leave it there. So, if you receive an email “Your order has been delivered” and it follows the format above, please take every caution you can before you even try to call in.
If you receive a suspicious email, forward it here: [email protected] and we’ll have a look at it.
For more information related to our Managed IT Services, click here.